Infection Control - Annual Statement
This annual statement, updated each year, will summarise the following:
- Any infection transmission incidents and any action taken (these will be recorded in accordance with our Significant Event procedure)
- Details of any infection control audits undertaken, and any actions taken.
- Details of infection control risk assessments
- Staff training
- Any review and update of policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Samantha Esper, Practice Nurse, was appointed to Whitewater Health in March 2023 and is the infection control lead. She is assisted in this role by Kirsten Lynch, Nurse Admin.
Samantha regularly attends IPC lead meetings hosted by the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Integrated Care Board.
In the last year there have been no significant events raised in relation to infection control issues.
- Hand washing
- Sharps bins
- Waste management
INFECTION CONTROL PRACTICES
Following the review of infection prevention and control practices the following actions have been taken:
- Presentation of findings of sharps bin audit to clinical team
- Regular meeting of IPC team
- Waste audit
Carpet in consulting rooms is to be replaced with hard flooring.
All our staff receive annual training in infection prevention and control.
- All clinical and non-clinical staff have completed blue stream e-learning training,
- IC lead attends quarterly IPC Lead Practice Nurse forums organised by Hampshire and Isle of Wight ICB
POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND GUIDELINES
The following policies relating to Infection Prevention and Control were reviewed and updated as necessary:
- Health and Safety Policy
- Standard Infection, Prevention and Control Policy
- Waste Management Policy
- Hand Hygiene Policy
Samantha Espera- Infection Control Lead Nurse
Kirsten Lynch- Nurse Admin