Whitewater Health Flu Programme 2020
Whitewater Health continues to offer flu vaccines to the following persons:
Those at risk age 18-64
Those at risk age 65 and above
Children pre school age
Those not at risk age 50-64
Our Flu programme considerations:
- Careful appointment planning to minimise waiting times and maintain social distancing when attending
- Providing patients with information in advance of their appointment to explain what to expect
- Recalling at risk patients if they do not attend in line with contract requirements
- Social distancing innovations such as drive in vaccinations and ‘car as waiting room’ models, if possible
- For those on the Shielded Patient List who are high risk for COVID-19 consider the use of domiciliary visits
Our Flu programme aims
- Safely operationalise flu vaccination for patients and staff.
- Maintain social distancing and infection control.
- Maximise the opportunity to vaccinate eligible cohorts & meet a potential increased demand for flu vaccination.
- Minimise the logistical challenges to deliver vaccination.
- Minimise disruption to routine services.
- Reduce unneeded footfall in practices.
- Effective & efficient delivery
- Reduce excess cost, workload demands and complex logistical set-up for practices.
Our Model of Delivery
Whitewater Health has already completed extensive delivery of the flu vaccination program in local halls. Thank you to all patients who attended for their vaccinations, and adhered to our processes.
We have in our care homes and residential homes and we continue to vaccinate patients in the age range of 18-64 in practice. This is during and via appointment booking only. If you are in a face to face appointment with our nurse team or health care assistant team, please do check your eligibility as they can take the opportunity to check and vaccinate you then and there if appropriate to. We have and will continue a phased roll out of the vaccines for 50-64 year olds based on vaccine stock and localised guidance.
We fully anticipate the schools flu vaccination programme to go ahead as planned, for those up to year 7 in school, and while this will create additional challenges, we will support our local schools in the delivery.